Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 6: Diet + Sick = One Sad Jacquie

Okay. Dieting sucks. However, being sick and dieting sucks even more.

I woke up with some slight congestion yesterday, and by today it had mutated into an all consuming mucus blob that was waging war on my head and chest. Most of the morning I spent looking something like this:



However, if it hadn't been for Adam, my boyfriend (and superhero at the moment) showing up at my door with ammunition from CVS before he went to work:




I probably would have ended up dead in a pile of Kleenex.



I tried to exercise, but just ended up coughing uncontrollably and almost falling off the exercise bike.



I'm not sure if it was lack of oxygen or an overload of mucus, but most of the day is pretty cloudy. I do know that at some point I gathered up what little cash I could find and SOME HOW ended up at the grocery store and left with 6 cans of random soup. Somehow I did end up with some chicken noodle, and that's what I lived on today. Apparently, even though I was delirious I was still calorie conscious, because the cans say they only have 100 calories per serving. I don't remember if the chicken noodle soup was any good, I don't even really remember cooking it and eating it, but apparently at some point I did.



So, today I really didn't accomplish much. I vegged out in front of the TV watching “Once Upon a Time” all day and apparently eating soup.



Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

And Adam, again, THANK YOU for the cold meds, cough drops, and Diet Dr. Pepper. I appreciate it more than you know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment